Boot Up Problem

M

Myles114

When I load up my pc it goes to the windows loading page, and then it just goes black for about a minute, then it finally starts up, i have the real version of XP and everything, i have Sp1 and all the updates, and i have installed drivers for my video card. Can anybody help me! this is very frustrating because i have a very fast system!

hey, i have that problem with my computer at work...i have a 15" flat panel hooked up to my radeon 7500 dvi card. one day after a surge it started happening...i use dual monitors and it works fine now, but im gonna try reformatting, possibly tomorrow. i updated the drivers and tried everything, but no go...now time for the cure all, maybe the card got a little messed up. when did yours start having problems?:confused:

See if this does anything. If not you can always change it back.

Correcting System Hang at Startup
If your system hangs about 2 or 3 minutes at startup, where you can't access the Start button or the Taskbar, it may be due to one specific service (Background Intelligent Transfer) running in the background.

1. Click on Start/Run, type 'msconfig', then click 'OK'.
2. Go to the 'Services' tab, find the 'Background Intelligent Transfer' service, disable it, apply the changes & reboot.

hey hipster, that didn't work. I have been having problems with this since i built my computer about a monthe ago!

You could give this a go then>

Windows XP Boot Tweak Guide

Getting Started:
Step one :
Download Bootvis.exe (25 March 2002) from Microsoft. Bootvis is a Boot performance trace visualization tool for use with Windows XP systems. It gives a graphical view of what processes are doing what and when during boot and allow you to optimise your boot up. A very handy tool.
Unzip it and you have Bootvis.exe click on it. You will now see the GUI of bootvis.
Now go to File > New and choose "Next boot trace" or "Next boot and drivers chase". Leave everything else as is and get ready for a reboot in 15 secods.
Ok we are back after a reboot. Click on the Bootvis.exe, it will now output the results, once it has finished generating the report, you will see graphs 5 or 6 graphs. They look a bit confusing at this stage.
You may see "warning disk write caching is disabled" i am pretty sure Bootvis Automatically enables this for you... but you can manually enable this by going to Device manager >> Right click on your hard drive >> Properties >> Policies Tab >> Check " Enable Disk write caching"
From the main menu .. Click on Trace >> optimize system………………..another reboot.
Once you have re-booted and are back at your desktop, dont touch anything, just wait.
You will see a message box "Please wait for bootvis to load" ... about 20 seconds later another meassge box will appear "Optimising system for boot performance" basicallay bootvis is happily rearranging the boot files for a faster startup
Compare the original time to the new time and you will be pleasantly surprised.

Download it from the front page. On the left under Free XP add ons. Look for Boot Tuner.

when i dload the bootup tuner it says that it is an invalid compressed data file to inflate

that dload workes, it said i had an 180 second boot up, and I ran the program, and now i have a 160 second boot up. I STILL HAVE A PROBLEM!, SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!!!!!!

OK try this one>

Go to start menu/system tools. Open component services. Go to services. Down the bottom on the right disable 'workstation' by right clicking on it/properties/general/startup type. See how that goes.

Hey Myles,

Maybe you can figure out what is starting up by going into msconfig=>startup tab, Disable All. then rebooting. let us know what happens next.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back