Boot to differant drives?

SupaTek

OSNN Addict
I have 2 SATA hard drives, on one I have XP pro installed and on the other I have Vista Ultimate. Is there a way that I can get an option to boot to one or other without having to change the boot order in the bios ? (which I have to do at the moment)

Thanx

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I have 2 SATA hard drives, on one I have XP pro installed and on the other I have Vista Ultimate. Is there a way that I can get an option to boot to one or other without having to change the boot order in the bios ? (which I have to do at the moment)

Thanx
Yes...
when you turn your computer on, it will give You an option which one to boot from, this is the exact same set up I have.
Vista will by default be the automatic.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
The XP install may still have the NT52 bootloader and if so it will not appear in the Vista boot manager. Download VistaBootPro and you should be able to get XP onto the Vista boot manager. Then you will have the menu Vanquished described.

SupaTek

OSNN Addict
The XP install may still have the NT52 bootloader and if so it will not appear in the Vista boot manager. Download VistaBootPro and you should be able to get XP onto the Vista boot manager. Then you will have the menu Vanquished described.
Do I install this to the XP or Vista hard disk? or doesn't it matter.

Thanx

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Either one but if you install on XP make sure you have .NET 2.0 Framework installed.

SupaTek

OSNN Addict
Either one but if you install on XP make sure you have .NET 2.0 Framework installed.
OK, I got it installed. I had to go to the help forum to configure it, but it's working fine now:up:
Thanx

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adreinrich