Boot problems with winxp

L

ludwik

Any ideas anyone?

Hi, I have here a problem : here are the details.
Firstly, after a hard reboot, with power temoved from the case, the computer only boots after second attempt. After first attempt pc speaker beeps for 2 seconds, no VGA out, no HD activity other then power up.
secondly
I've run bootvia already and the results are in the attached files. As you can see there as some 150 seconds of 0 activity, the system is just idlea while the winXP logo is shown with the coloured bar moving across the screen.
System set up:
Athlon 1.2Ghz
KT7 (non raid) Abit mother board.
pure scsi harddisk config, 32Gb IBM hard disks,
Adaptec SCSI Card 19160
Geforce2 64mb ddr
512mb sd ram (non ddr)
I've tried placing the scsi card in different slots to solve first problem, I've updated XP fully (Professional Version).

Any ideas on both issues?
Thank you for your time
Do I need to give more info? please ask if so.

Ludwik

Sounds like a broken motherboard...

First try this:

1) Try to start using the default settings of your System BIOS.
2) Try to use an IDE bootable harddrive without the scsi
3) Make shure all your drives (HD,CD,...) are detected in the BIOS and SCSI Bios
4) Be really shure that you installed all fixes from Microsoft
5.a) Make shure that your SCSI driver was installed at the very first boot of the Windows Xp Setup. When first starting the Windows Xp settup, it will say: "Press ? now if you need to install third party (nonmicrosoft) SCSI or RAID devices". Make shure you do/did that!
5.b) Try to run Windows Xp setup again, install over current version, see if this doesn't fix the problem automaticly
5.c) Try installing another operating system first, see if that works (Win2k or Me)
6) Make shure you are using a (correct illegal ;-) or) official copy of Windows Xp...
7) Try getting a reply for this problem from Microsoft ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back