boot.ini question

macromp

the retarded one
so i've had this problem for a while now but it's never really bothered me to the point of trying to do something about it, and i'm planning on building a new one in the next few months anyway.

whenever i turn the computer on i get the option of which OS i want to load, i've only got XP installed.

i just press enter and let it carry on.

i checked in msconfig anyway and when i check the boot paths i get this:

boot.jpg

so when i click yes it doesn't get rid of it, back into msconfig and it's still there.

i didnt know if it could be as simple as trying to find this boot.ini for myself and deleting it manually, so i thought it best to check on here first. and if i cant do that myself, does anyone have any idea how to remove it.

I've never used MSCONFIG to edit the BOOT.ini, always have done it directly. If you are more comfortable with leaving it in there, you could also reduce the timer to something like 2 seconds and it will just take the default of your initial XP. This could hold you over until you build a new one.

Right Click My Computer, go to Properties. Advanced Tab, and then settings under Startup and Recovery. Next to "Time to display list of Operating Systems", you can reduce that timer. You can also use the Edit button on this screen to edit BOOT.ini directly.

Good luck.

i think it'd be better to reduce it the time like you said, i did have a look and there are 2 paths in there but i think i'll just leave them and reduce the time.

thanks

you could always do a bootcfg /rebuild
you can do that from the recovery console

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back