Boot ini missing

alan2273

I love the Penguin
I run a duel boot ( XP & Mandy 10 ) when I boot up and select windows from the LILO splash screen it comes up invalid boot ini file booting to C:/Windows and proceeds as normal.
So I entered msconfig in the run box to see what was wrong with the boot ini file, only to find it is not there any more.
Can anyone tell me what has happened and how to restore the Boot ini file.

Just did a system restore, had to go back 9 days but it restored the file.
Still puzzled why it went missing.

Possibilities:
-A program install wiped it (install anything new lately?)
-A virus wiped it (run an updated virus scan. AVG is good and free for download)
-Somebody's been messing with your machine (passworded or physically protected?)
-A disk clean up program got carried away (run a cleanup lately?).
-A microsoft moment (oh well, thats why they put in system restore).

The only thing I have installed lately is an update to Adobe Reader.
I allready Have AVG, ZA, Adaware, Spybot S&D and a2 squared on my computer so I doubt it could be a virus, so I will put this down to a microsoft moment.

Thanks for that link I have bookmarked it in case it is needed in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back