boot from cd help...

A

alvinCPU

hey i had problems with xp, so i decided to reboot from the cd...so i did and did the recovery installation...
so here is wut i did:
reboot from xp cd
chose to do recovery installation

then the black screen were it says which do you want to do recovery too: n there was one choice which was number 1: c:\windows.
so i chose that one n pushed enter.
so then it showed like c:\windows>
then i didnt know what to put? what do i need to put so it will do a recovery installation for xp???

thanks...hope ytou understood that:confused:

Are you trying to install the Automated Recovery Console or are you trying to fix problem problems with the XP installation?

Recovery basically allows you to recover from a severe problem that prevents you from running Windows.

If you need to fix problems with your XP installation then you need to select the Repair option when you boot to the XP CD. If Repair doesn't fix the problem then you should just reformat and do a clean install.

Exactly what jw50 said.

The Recovery Console is different than the repair option.
You won't see the repair option until after you start what
looks like a reinstall of XP.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back