Boot failures and checksum error in Windows Vista after plugging in printer

oldboy

OSNN One Post Wonder
I have a brand-new computer that was operating OK when originally installed (mostly; had some erratic boot failures), but went down when I tried to install an HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-one Printer. The system displayed a blue screen message that it experienced an error and shutting down. Subsequently the computer will not boot.

It fails erratically at different points: 1) most common- does not make it to BIOS setup and throws a variety LED codes on the MB; 2) makes it to BIOS set-up screen but hangs while "Detecting arrays"; 3)makes to the BIOS setup/enter set-up, system hangs in 1st setup screen; 4) system begins booting, displays a table of devices, then a message "The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum"

Once the system has hung, it goes nowhere in the boot sequence until the system is powered down for at least 15 min.

It seems to me like plugging in the printer corrupted boot parameters. I've been trying to run the system restore CD or Vista setup CD but I can't get the system to boot far enough to read off DVD devices. On one occasion I got as far as a prompt to boot from CD, but the system immediately hung.

Any sage advice??

It seems to me like plugging in the printer corrupted boot parameters. I've been trying to run the system restore CD or Vista setup CD but I can't get the system to boot far enough to read off DVD devices. On one occasion I got as far as a prompt to boot from CD, but the system immediately hung.
if the system does't even want to boot off a CD, then it sounds like you have more of a general hardware failure. motherboard, memory, or something is configured correctly or going bad. i don't see how the printer could cause this.

check your FSB speed, memory speed, memory voltage... lots of thing could be the culprit.

I got Completly the same thing.... I installed a printer and right after that my computer went all the way down. Same boot failures, errors messages and all. I tried to install a "HP psc 2110 All-In-One"

What advice can we get from this??
Is the computer completly done??

Your friend
Thomas Lybek

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back