Boot disk with CD drivers

Anakist

Way too much time here...
What do I need on a boot disk to be able to use a cd drive? Just mscdrom.inf or whatever it is??

James

In what repects ?
Do you wish to:-

Install an NT based system like XP, or Win2K
Or do you wish to start up in dos mode to install win 9X/ME ???

For most of these you no loger need boot disks if you go into your systems bios by hitting del esc or F2 you should under onder of the option windows have a boot order have is boot from cd-rom first save settings and reboot.
When it reboots it will launch an installer for the OS cd.

Hope This Helps

if you need the XP home or Pro boot disks you can find them on the MS website, search for XP Boot Disks

It was to install 98se on an empty drive. I couldn't get it to work. Oh well. I will just buy a new drive an go with XP.

James

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back