boosting wireless signal strength

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Are there some ways that I can boost the strength of the signal that my laptop receives as I move further away from the access point? I want to do it from the laptop, opposed to moving the access point or adding another one. I'm hoping there are tweaks of some kind that will help.

Maybe some kind of signal amplifier...never heard of anything like it though, only for GPS units

I''m interested in this too, but on my 802.11 dlink, there is no antenae input, so I can't hook up a shotgun.

blacksmith, that's an interedsting website you have...if you also have 802.11 cards that come with some sort of shotgun, I'd be interested...feel free to pm or email me...thanx

The same link

www.hyperlinktech.com

take a really good look at the brand ORiNOCO............
the antenna's sold have external capabilities :)
work's really good if you install 'Network Associate's "Sniffer Pro 4.7" with wireless' :) if you know what about wireless networking its really good to have.....carefull with it, and dont make people hate you :p

if you PM me, I can give you some more info on some interesting links and or Idea's .....Blacksmith

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back