What a shame:dead:

my opinion, just venting carry on

Re: Bonds *755

He's a first ballot Hall of Famer.

This just shows how good he is.

I think you forgot the /sarcasm.

Nah, I don't care about all the other crap.

The game is hard enough and for him to do what he has done through his ENTIRE career, he's the man.

Baseball has more important things to worry about and Selig has other douchier things to indulge himself in than cheapen the meaningful records by his shameful display today.

He might as well not have shown up.

I agree, until he tests positive, he has done nothing wrong. The only reason he is being persecuted is because he is generally disliked and has been less than available to the media throughout his career. The man is in the top five for homeruns, RBI's, runs scored, extra base hits, total bases and safely reaching base. That is impressive. I am in no way a Barry Bonds fan or a Giants fan or even a NL fan, but the numbers speak for themselves.

Steroids or not, it was part of the game for a few decades. Some reports have it going back to the late 1960's.

Love him or hate him, he did it. But, fear not, A-Rod will break whatever mark Bonds sets.

Love him or hate him, he did it. But, fear not, A-Rod will break whatever mark Bonds sets.

If he stays healthy.

Remember Griffey? :(

I LOVE Jr, but injuries are a terrible reality.

Agreed!

Innocent until proven guilty people, innocent until proven guilty!

Re: Bonds 755*

Except for Vick. He's a douche-bag.

I hate the yanks but I do hope A-Rod Annihilates Bonds' record. Bonds will end his career with like 770 hrs, A-Rod will end this season with 520 or so. So only 250 for a new records. He'll have that done before he's 40.

I hate the yanks but I do hope A-Rod Annihilates Bonds' record. Bonds will end his career with like 770 hrs, A-Rod will end this season with 520 or so. So only 250 for a new records. He'll have that done before he's 40.

Griffey, Sosa, McGwire, we've heard it all before. :)

Predictions can be so messed up.

Yep, ya gotta respect Bonds for all his accomplishments. Innocent until proven guilty. As for A-Rod, Bonds said it best. He thinks that A-Rod is the one to break Bonds' record no matter what that number may be. Plus he said, "The day you're gonna break my record you don't even have to call me. I'll be there in the stands cheering you on." Now that is sportsmanship and true love for the game. He knows it's a record that can and will fall, and he will root for whoever it is that is to break it.

Griffey Jr.... It would be great to see him do it. With that ever so natural effortless swing of his. But with the way he gets injured. Griffey is fragile, unfortunately. A-Rod at his age and at 500 home runs is the only candidate on the horizon. Plus he has stayed pretty health for the most part. It's the main drawback for Griffey that doesn't put him at the to of the list. Too bad, :( but it will be good to see him give it a run. They have said that the way A-Rod is playing and his health and age, he could realistically hit 800. Now that a number that would parallel Ruth's number when he retired as "untouchable". That number of 800 or more could indeed stand for a long time. Plus A-Rod is the only modern day MLB player that could possibly threaten the Japanese home run record of Sadaharu Oh with 868. And A-Rod is hitting them in larger ball parks than his Japanese counterpart by an average of 20 to 35 feet (the Stadium size).

Last edited:

Wow. This sounds so interesting yet I have no idea what any of you are talking about! Can someone please explan to an ignoramus what Bonds *755 means? :)

Barry Bonds is a Major League Baseball player. He is on the verge of breaking Hank Aaron's all time home run record. Currently they are both tied with 755 career home runs. There is speculation that Bonds has used steroids, but no concrete proof.

Wow. This sounds so interesting yet I have no idea what any of you are talking about! Can someone please explan to an ignoramus what Bonds *755 means? :)

As Ollie Williams on Family Guy would say "HE HIT IT LONG !!!"

madmatt:
There is speculation that Bonds has used steroids, but no concrete proof.

That is reason some folks dislike the fact he is tied with Aaron and will surpass the record.

Me the fact that there is the speculation in regards to use of steroids taints not only the record but baseball in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back