Board temperature 255.9 C / 492.7 F

G

G|ass

Any idea why Sandra Pro 2004 detects my mainboard temperature as being 250% of boiling? Sounds a bit off...

I would say one of 2 things ... your motherboard is giving the wrong info because sensor is all wrong or sandra is not reading your board correctly. easy test would be, does it give "normal" temps using any other program?

although humor might NOT be really needed in this situation, there is another test. if you can fry an egg on the panel your mobo is mounted on, then it's probably an accurate reading.

on a side note... i'd take Xie's advice. try different programs and see what kinds of readings you get.

On the bright side you can be assured that those must be wrong readings or you would have a melted pile of goo for a mobo right now....

try aida32

That's the"wrongest" reading I've ever heard of. Check in the bios at start up to see what the MB thinks the sensor is saying. If that's way off the MB sensor is hosed. If the bios reads good Sandra is hosed.

One other possibility. If you're using a hacked bios it may be wrong. Also, make sure the bios is the latest version (somebody, I don't think it was ASUS) had to do a bios temp sensor patch this fall.

Motherboard Monitor program i thought works well, see what the reading u get from that program is

Dubstar?

Speaking of grammar, aren't you supposed to capitalize the first letter in a sentence? :p

Do you have the latest BIOS installed for your motherboard?

Speedfan is also a great application for temps and voltages :)

I think speedfan is the morest bestest for this :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back