Blueyonder User? Very good news indeed!...

I don't think NTL will be too happy with that one :D

That is very very cool.
Hopefully NTL will do the same. And then come to my village.
With cake.

Well thank god! They're realising the potential of cable internet at last.. we may even see some decent line speeds :eek:

Shame DSL is still pretty much overall owned by BT though, so you'll still have to sell vital organs to afford >512k :p

Damnit, why cant Telewest come up north, NTL says its upping its speeds, its top one will still be half that of Telewests and I can get 2mbit ADSL for just a small margin over the NTL 1.5mbit, what I really need though is the 3mbit for £50 ;)

£50? :eek:
I refuse to pay more for a faster speed,I'm a cheapo :D I'll be still on the slowest in 10 years time :p

Marge I think you will get your speed you paid for bumped up at no extra charge, if you were on their 2mbit service then I think you would get bumped up to 3mbit

Yeah it's at no extra cost,I'm just saying I have a choice to pay more for a faster speed but I won't do it :D

If I was the Dictator in this country all except those I didn't like, would have to have 10 meg speeds as standard and it would be part of your telephone package, it would work out @£4.99p pw.

Ne1 caught using dialup would be deported to the Orkney's and have to live on carbonated spring water and the local herbs, vegetables and grubs.

I cannot understand for the life of me why you should pay more to go faster. They should encourage people to have faster speeds as like me I only really use the net to bulk send my e-mails from off line>on-line, download monster service packs and upgrades and play a few games at yahoo.

Now when I downloaded sp1a it took me 18 hours on 18 to 20k. So therefore people would not need to be on-line so often and they then can't moan that you hog bandwidth.

Ohh well if I could have a cable connection I would prefer that to adsl@512 from a()l

Lee for prime minister of the world!!!!! :D :cool:

having a look the upload is still gona suck though on blueyonder? :confused:

yeah I dunno why they limit the upload, if they were to just increase to even 512 then they would be able to take a larger slice of the pie away from BT and ADSL. Although maybe if the cable co's increase their speeds maybe BT will reduce the cap on ADSL upload speeds.
I think I remember someone telling me ADSL was capable of 9mbit/6mbit maximum speed, but you would probably have to be pretty close to the exchange for that.

i get 10 Mbit down 1 Mbit up here in the US for $50. If they roll out the new Docsis standard 2.x we could theoretically be able to get at least 50 Mbit up and 50 Mbit down. Split between 5 people per node is 10 Mbit up and down. BUt i bet its even faster, as i ahve heard speeds of 200 Mbit per node up and down, and 20 Mbit per user up and down.

That would be nice.

X-Istence said:
i get 10 Mbit down 1 Mbit up here in the US for $50. If they roll out the new Docsis standard 2.x we could theoretically be able to get at least 50 Mbit up and 50 Mbit down. Split between 5 people per node is 10 Mbit up and down. BUt i bet its even faster, as i ahve heard speeds of 200 Mbit per node up and down, and 20 Mbit per user up and down.

That would be nice.

I pay £27.99 for 512/284 next teer is £34.99 1meg/not sure about up more than 284 I expect.

ADSL Line Status

Operation Path: Fast
Operation Mode: G.DMT
Upstream: 288 Kbits
Downstream: 576 Kbits

All for £23.48/month. Daylight robbery, but it's this or dial-up :p

Geffy, you're right about the 9mb/6mb, although I'm not certain if that's maximum. BT could quite easily allow us for speeds up to 4mb, but only guarantee 512k, they just choose not to because it saves them money, arseholes! :D

Can't find no info on ntl website yet,lets just hope it does happen :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back