bluetooth network

Kush

High On Life!
ok guys since im on a network on my compound with my pc i got another bluetooth adapter for my laptop to use the internet through my pc and also share files on my pc and laptop. how do i share files only with the bluetooth network and not with the normal network like in permissions i try to say users "Karam" (laptop computer name) but it wont close the thing plz help

how about

anyone wanna answer? both pcs are running xp pro

You could use some more punctuations you know. I gathered that it had something to do with Bluetooth networking and file sharing but that's about it. Is the network working or not? Is it permission problems? Do you want some other way to share files? That's why I didn't answer.

It's all in the details. :)

no everythign is working great!:) but if i share the folders it will share it with everyone on the two networks (bluetooth: my laptop) (Lan Connection: everyone on my compound) so the thing is how do i make it only share with my bluetooth connection or only the laptop and not to the outside network what would i have to do with the permissions. also i would like my laptop only to use the printer i have on here!

Are you using both networks simultainously?
If not you can do the 2 profile technique.
1. Work
2. Home
Other then that, the only way I know to restrict sharing is by users.

yeah exactly i only want (karam) laptop computer name on bluetooth network to be able to access the folders, i dont want anyone from the acutal lan getting in. yeah i use them at the same time thats how i get internet on the laptop, from the pc

All you have to do is set the NTFS user permissions on that folder. That should do it.

much easier and effective disabling *file and printer sharing services* on the lan connection config

yeagh smart! i did that lets hope they cant get in! hehe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back