bluetooth head set/ any concerns?

I was driving to work today and pondered getting a BT headset. I remembered this thread, and after reading it I'm not entirely convinced either way.

If people still have them, and aren't dead, good enough for me :)

How's the sound quality for how you hear someone and how they hear you?

Virtually zero is not zero, what is with the semantics and how come they don't put out some real numbers? Are they afraid that we can do the math? Will we find out that you are effectively microwaving your cerebellum or your frontal Occipital lobe?

My only experience with BT headset sound quality is with Motorola, H300 then H500. I compared receive quality to my Razr built-in earpiece as well as transmit quality by recording to my voicemail then playing back. The Razr has excellent audio quality. Both BT I would call adequate, not great. Not sure how much of the degradation is due to the Razr BT or the headset BT. Only extensive comparisons with multiple headsets paired with multiple phones will yield any conclusive results.

I have friends with Plantronics BT which they seem to like and I know to have better than adequate microphone quality with the phones they use.

Another thing I can tell you is, whereas I have confirmed the advertised maximum standby time of 200 hours in a strong digital coverage area, flip closed, never making a single call, just turning on BT in the Razr under the exact same test conditions drains the battery dead in 16 hours flat. Not happy with that at all.

Hmmm - that's kinda what I figured, about the quality being variable. I don't really want to spend the money on it and have it suck, but my current headset (wired) isn't cutting it.

EDIT: If CT didn't have these crazy laws about driving and talking on the phone, I wouldn't even care. They pull you over and you get a ticket for $108 USD :eek:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back