bluetooth and wifi question

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
ok i just bought the o2, xdaii pda and it doesnt come with wifi. but it does come with bluetooth. well i didnt really pay attention to something unless i have it and now i do. well its been in my head for a while so here goes.

isnt bluetooth just 802.11b which means i can get my linksys wifi adaptor to send stuff to it?

as far as I know it does use the same frequency as WiFi 2.4GHz. but no, you cant send stuff from WiFi to bluetooth as far as I recall.

oh btw, what's the xdaii like? i'm interested in getting one. :)

no, bluetooth is not wifi, two different wireless technologies

Same frequency range, but bluetooth uses a frequency hopping system to reduce frequency clutter and so on, wifi has different packet and frame bits and does not use the same encryption as bluetooth though the algorithm is very close to WEP

yup geffy is right, but the two technologies are not compatible

ahh icic. thanks for the update guys. guess i have to get a wifi thingie me bop for the o2.

ming: the o2 xdaii is great, cept for the emm yea wifi problem hehe. but if u want to get i would think the xdaiis or something? or the xda2i. dunno what its called in england but here in australia they are called imate2k =/.

imate?? haha :p

bugger.. no wifi on the xdaii. :(
would prefer one with both to be honest. Would have bought the Sony UX-50 PDA which has bluetooth and wifi, but Sony has pulled out of all the pda market except japan.

ahh.. xda2i seems to be the best one available. :)
wifi + bluetooth.

do you know if it comes with apps like excel and word?

EDIT: sorry, just checked the o2 site. it does have pocket word/excel. :)

yup2, the i version would be the way to go. now i gotta buy this thing that cost $100us just for wifi. :(. then again i only bought it for 230pounds if i converted right. so meh. well if i sold my video card and my ram i could buy a new one haha.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back