Blue Screen!

macromp

the retarded one
about every 10 mins i get a messaga saying DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO
Then it tells me about disabling BIOS shadowing and Cacheing (which i have no idea about!) and then it says
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFF874000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000 x 0xF9CA8FD)
Then it says something about Alcan5wn.sys
It's really annoying, does anyone know how to stop it?

It it appears you ADSL Modem drivers are causing the problem, you probably need to update them

Ensure you have the latest software upgrade from Alcatel especially if using Win XP.

Hey guys!
I get a similar problem, it says it's copying memory to disk. does this till it reaches 100%. reboots, and sometimes does it again (and again) till it finally reboots OK. Havent't added any new hardware since this started. Dont know y it keeps doing this! can anyone plz help?

Everytime Windows crashes it saves a socalled dumpfile. If you press Winkey+break - advanced - startup and recovery - settings, you can choose whether you want a full or minidump or nothing at all. Anyhow it is of use to some rare experts only.
At the same place you should also uncheck 'automatic restart' to prevent Windows from automatically restarting without showing you an errormessage. Also check eventviewer. You should get some hints what's going wrong there.
(Sorry if some of the terms are not literally correct. My XP doesn't speak english)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back