Blue Screen... Reboot... Blue Screen.. Reboot!!

I

Intangible

Hi all,

I have a terrible problem with my setup. Randomly, I get a system crash preceeded by a blue screen with the following error:

STOP 0x0000008E
(0xC0000005, 0xBF8BBCEB, 0xF057C3BC,0x00000000)

Then I reboot and after a while when I use the computer a bit more, suddenly it crashes again with the same message.

I have heard it could be to do with RAM??:confused:

Please help me out,

Cheers,

Ben

AMD Athlon XP 1800
2 x 512 MB DDR PC2100 RAM
60 GB IBM Telestar
GeForce III Titanium 500 (with goggles:cool: )
Sound Blaster Audigg Platinum
Pioneer DVD
CD-RW
Floppy
a Lian Li Server Case
21 Inch Monitor
A computer desk
A desk light
A chair to sit on.
;)

What is the event viewer?

I have only got two DIMM slots... I have tried removing one 512 stick and it still does not work... How should I set up the BIOS?

Ben

Remove the other one... put it in a different slot, etc. I'm not familiar with your bios setup so you'll have to read your m/b manual for help there, or let us know the make/model/revision of your board so we can help you research it. Keep messing with the settings though... you won't hurt anything and if you mess it up so you can't even post, then just clear your cmos (via m/b jumper) and start messing around again.

the event viewer is where xp logs errors (the ones you don't see:cool: )

I had this same problem

I got new MB and Processor...athlon xp 1800 to be exact. and a K7s5a Mainboard. After I installed all my hardware from my previous computer and booted up .. I got the same message. Unfortunately for me I had to reformat the drive...GRRR!!! But after that it worked fine.

I have a second computer same configuration, only problem with it is that it hangs when I have the processor clocked up to the 1800 setting (1.53ghz) but it doesn't hang on the 1.15 ghz setting.. I don't get that. I'm working with microsoft to find out why it's doing that... HAHA!! They first told me it is because of my sound card of Norton Anti-virus. I disabled them and that didn't work. So I'm waiting for what their next guess is gonna be. If you guys have any similar experiences could you please let me know what you did to fix it.

Thanks....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back