Blue screen error

R

raw

Hi i left my machine today while it was downloading from Kazaa Lite and Direct Connect, i then came back to find a blue screen saying something like this:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

you need to resrt.......

Technical information

***Stop:0x00000050(0xffdf000,0x00000000,0xe1185655,0x00000000)

something like this.
Anyone know why this happened and if i should worry about it, its the first time ive ever seen this before, my computer does like to reset by itself after staying on all day and downloading all day but never done this before.

any chance you have installed anything (hardware or software)recently on your computer...

Brad

Seems to be epidemic, there was someone here with the same error yesterday. Perhaps this information I found on Microsoft Technet could give you any hints:
Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
This Stop message, also known as Stop 0x50, occurs when requested data is not found in memory. The system generates a fault, which indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced. This fault can occur due to a variety of error conditions, such as bugs in antivirus software, a corrupted NTFS volume, or faulty hardware (typically related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

havent installed any hardware but have installed a fair bit of software the last couple of days, im using NTFS, also i have two hard drives and when my computer crashes and restarts scandisk only runs on my backup drive is this because im using NTFS on my system drive?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back