Blue screen,crash.

mick42

OSNN Addict
Had two blue screen crashes recently,last one as follows;
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Tech Info:
Stop:OxOOOOOOOA,OxODCDOOOC,OxOOOOOOO2,OxOOOOOOOO,Ox806C8154.
Previous message same,different sequence after the Stop.
Checked event viewer,nothing in there except in security,something about IPSEC?
Anyone comment.
Cheers
Mick.

Thats a driver related error ..... I used to get those with my sound card needed to find good drivers ..... and I could not until about a month ago ....... because of that I removed that sound card and all was fine ... sold the card to a buddy and he got good drivers from windows updates when I had the card they were not yet out ..... so is it your sound card?? could be what do you have .... just make sure all your drivers are the best available .... update them all and I am sure that will fix it ....

there was also something with ez cd creator that caused that problem they have a fix for it on their site if your using ezcd that is

Replies

Thanks for the replies lads,I think it may be my sound card,it is a Creative Sound Blaster PCI(ES1371,ES1373)WDM?
I have tried to find driver on Creative site but could not,I think because it is a cheap old card,very interesting info on the m/s site,I suppose it is a question of trial and error.
Cheers
Mick.

if it's a creative sound card, you could take it out and look at the bottom of it for a number (ex. CT4810), then use that number at soundblaster.com to find the right drivers for the card.

That soundblaster driver is a Generic Driver used for most soundblaster cards.

Another one

F**K me,had another blue screen while browsing this site,
OxOOOOOO8E.
Mick.

I read somewhere that if the sound card (SB) is installed in the first PCI slot (the top most one), there could be a hardware conflict. Something to do with the first PCI slot being the *Master* slot or something. It was said to remove the card and it's drivers, then reinstall it in another PCI slot and let the OS reinstall the drivers for it. Also do not install the Drivers from Creative. Let XP install it's own drivers... They always seem to work.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies,need a bit of detective work now.
Cheers
Mick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back