Blu ray Playing Issue

N

Not Bman

I have a ripped blu-ray folder.

BDMV folder, when I try to open this with WinDVD, it changes the Aero desktop like normal, tries loading for a second, then says STOP and goes back to normal. I don't understand it.

Help. What could be the issue.

I don't think windvd will play blu-ray from a folder. YOu may need to use the subst command in dos to map the folder to a drive letter, then tell windvd to play the new drive :)

Yeah, sounds like some sort of DRM in effect.

That is what I thought, but I have played from a folder before and it worked, how do I do that DOS thing? Or whats the easiest way to put it to ISO format again?

I have a ripped blu-ray folder.

BDMV folder, when I try to open this with WinDVD, it changes the Aero desktop like normal, tries loading for a second, then says STOP and goes back to normal. I don't understand it.

Help. What could be the issue.

That is what I thought, but I have played from a folder before and it worked, how do I do that DOS thing? Or whats the easiest way to put it to ISO format again?

You trying to play the BluRay from a folder on your HDD? If so, you cannot. This isn't possible with any newer verions of WinDVD or PowerDVD since 2008 or so. The only current player that will still allow hardware acceleration that you can do this with is Arcsoft TMT. I suspect the powers that be pressured Corel and CyberLink into removing playback from the HDD.

To play from a folder you'd need either PowerDVD 7.3.3319a or an earlier release of PowerDVD 7.3. No version of PowerDVD 8.0 has ever allowed playback from a folder.

I recommend getting the latest version of AnyDVD HD and using the "Rip to Image..." function and then mounting the image with Virtual CloneDrive and pointing PowerDVD at the virtual drive.

But I have done it.

You can play individual m2ts file which can cause problems with the language stream heard and you won't have hardware acceleration. This is not recommended at all. I have no idea how you managed to play a disc from a folder on your system with any more recent version of the software. These days you have to mount an image and use the virtual drive as the source.

Either way it's not working now.

What is the fastest and easiest way to create an ISO out of it?

subst z: c:\bluray_rip

makes the folder bluray_rip pretend to be drive z: :)

Either way it's not working now.

What is the fastest and easiest way to create an ISO out of it?

Use something like ImgBurn, set the filesystem to UDF 2.5, and build an ISO with the files on your HDD.

subst z: c:\bluray_rip

makes the folder bluray_rip pretend to be drive z: :)

I don't believe that this will work due to the lack of UDF 2.5 filesystem.

How do you undo the subst? cause it didnt workk lol

This should help. :)

Code:
C:\>subst /?
Associates a path with a drive letter.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
SUBST drive1: /D

drive1:        Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path.
  [drive2:]path  Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to
                 a virtual drive.
  /D             Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.

Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.

C:\>

subst z: /D

Last edited:
This should help. :)

Code:
C:\>subst /?
Associates a path with a drive letter.

SUBST [drive1: [drive2:]path]
SUBST drive1: /D

drive1:        Specifies a virtual drive to which you want to assign a path.
  [drive2:]path  Specifies a physical drive and path you want to assign to
                 a virtual drive.
  /D             Deletes a substituted (virtual) drive.

Type SUBST with no parameters to display a list of current virtual drives.

C:\>
subst z: /D

So I type what? lol

At this point wouldn't it be easier to just re-rip it to ISO?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back