Blu-Ray Playback Problems

fish2198

OSNN Junior Addict
Not sure if this is a H/W or a S/W issue but figured I would start here.

Just built myself a new system:

- Windows XP Pro 32Bit
- INTEL CORE I7 920 2.66G
- ASUS P6T 1366 X58 MB
- 2GBx3 (6GB) OCZ OCZ3G1600LV6GK
- ASUS EAH5770/2DIS/1GD5/V2 Video Card
- ANTEC TP-750 750W PSU
- BD-COMBO LITE-ON IHES108-29
- Plextor DVD-RW PX-806SA
- 2x 1TB SEAGATE 7K ST31000528AS OEM
- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
- 2x Syncmaster 930B Monitor (D-Sub Connected)

Downloaded all the Windows updates, driver updates, software updates, etc. that I could find.

The system runs great except when it comes to playing Blu-Ray Movies.

When I play a Blu-Ray Movie, all the intro stuff is fine but when it gets to the actual movie, it plays nicely for a few seconds and then gets very jittery, both audio and video. The picture does not break-up or pixalate just very stuttery, jumpy, jittery, is the best way I can describe it.

Roxio Cineplayer BD Ver 5.3 is really bad, Cyberlink PowerDVD BD Ver 7.3 is better but not great.

I have run the Cyberlink BD Advisor and it come back and says my Graphics Driver doesn't support Blu-Ray but when I check the details Cyberlink says Recommended driver version: 8.44 or later, I have 8.670.0.0. BD Advisor also has unknown by the CPU and Graphics Card (i7 920 and EAH5770).

Anyone got a clue why my Blu-Ray Play back is so crappy?

I am wondering if the ASUS EAH5770 really does not do for Blu-Ray? It is supposedly HDCP Compliant.

Also, my Monitors (SyncMaster 930B x2) only go up to 1280x1024, so I know they can't do full 1080. I initally tried hooking them up via DVI but that definitely didn't work, so I switched back to VGA cables (D-Sub) connections. The monitors I don't believe are HDCP compliant.

I can't believe the monitors would cause the audio and video to both be jittery.

Any help with figuring out why my Blu-Ray playback is so bad would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

All 5000 series cards do blu-ray playback amazing. That is not the issue, nor should the latest drivers be.

I don't know what is the problem, all seems well. Maybe an issue with dual monitors?

turn on hardware acceleration ad get the latest PowerDVD version.

Is that not default? At least in WinDVD I believe it is.

not in powerdvd since powerdvd wants to screw around with the picture before you see it :)

I downloaded PowerDVD 9 Ultra, installed the latest ATI Driver, newer than the latest ASUS driver for my EAH5770 and after uninstalling and reinstalling several times to make PowerDVD work, still the same crappy Blu-Ray playback.

Could the problem be my monitors only go up to 1280x1024?

Yes, Hardware Acceleration is enabled and I made sure the Avivo S/W is up to date.

The resolution does not matter, at least I don't think so.

Stupid question probably, is anything else resource intensive running at the same time?

I am assuming it has to do with the monitors, but not sure how or why. Cause everything seems fine. Weird.

Well I figured out what my problem was.

Some how both my DVD Drives got switched to PIO mode.

Now that I have that straightened out the Blu-Rays play perfectly fine.

I guess I am a bit confused, all my drives are SATA, so why do the IDE Channel setting make a difference, or do the SATA Drives still run through the IDE Channels?

Now I bet it won't take me 30 minutes to burn a DVD too.

Thanks for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back