Not an issue Blog Options

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Not Bman

I was wondering if there is a way to get a notice about a new blog comment.

You know how if you log onto the site and you have a new PM, that little thing pops up letting you know. I was wondering if that is possible with comments on my blog.

Cause I get enough comments all the time on all my blog postings, and sometimes I forget to check them, new or old ones. And I get no email notifications either, I don't like them anyways.

?

User CP --> Blog
Default Subscription Mode: Blog Entries
When you post a new blog entry, you can choose to automatically add the entry to your list of subscribed entries, with the option to receive email notification of new comments to that blog entry.

I have that enabled and it does not work.

And I was wondering if there was another option other then email as well.

I have that enabled and it does not work.

And I was wondering if there was another option other then email as well.
Well if you set that as "No email notification" I would think it should work the same way as the forums. I don't have a blog though to test. :)

Checking your user options I can see that you have selected the option to subscribe, but not recieve email nofication.

I don't think the private message type ability as it is treated more like a forum thread and you wouldn't want the database (or X wouldn't!) checking every one of your threads for a new post everytime you refresh a page.

I am sure there is an easier way, but it is not currently a function that vbulletin has.

I have now been used to not having any notification, but still wish of one.

My issue now, is that the Latest Entries for blogs and forum posts, are at the bottom and not the top, I find that I check it less and so would other people.

I seem to check that quite a lot really, there is also a block higher on the frontpage now, which will definately be seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back