Blink-182 "Break Up"

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
"For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labors with their loved ones. While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

www.blink182.com

Not really breaking up more of a break.

yeah it was kinda obvious they were ognna break up sometime when those 2 dudes joined that band box racer car or somethin!

They didnt really break up...they took a break for family and friends. There are more links out now but to lazy to get them and i gotta take a crap lol. My gf was freaking out when she found out but she is a lil better after i told her they only took a break for family and friends.

lol...sorry speedy. People should know that the band wasnt gonna break up. They dont have any conflicts and everything is going good for them.

I just read that they probley wont be working together again

Sun Online
AMERICAN punk pop band Blink-182 today announced they are taking an "indefinite hiatus" - with no plans to work together again.

Singer-guitarist Tom DeLonge, singer-bassist Mark Hoppus and drummer Travis Barker have split after 10 years together and scored worldwide hits including All The Small Things and What's My Age Again?

A statement on the group's website reads: "For over a decade, Blink-182 has toured, recorded and done non-stop promotion all while trying to balance relationships with family and friends.

"To that end, the band has decided to go on an indefinite hiatus to spend some time enjoying the fruits of their labours with their loved ones.

"While there is no set plan for the band to begin working together again, no one knows what tomorrow may bring."

They might not have plans now but they will later on. They have had too good of success to not work again plus they are still young well not young young but you know.

can't really assume anything about really knowing what's actually going on with bands. There may be problems, and there might not be problems. But bands usually don't cancel shows if they just want to spend time with their families...

plus I can't say I'm disappointed they aren't going to be doing anything for a while. Every single one of their albums after dude ranch was not very good and should be put in the bargain bin with N Sync...I used to be a fan but not anymore. Then they punish us with Boxcar Racer?!?!?! I mean c'mon I know emo at that time was really big but dressing up in all black and singing depressing songs just ride the wave of emo?!?!?!

I miss old Blink.

Also to add about the point of not assuming about what you think you know about bands, their were rumors in Chicago and everything about a certain band called Slapstick breaking up and why it happened. Well after a few years and the band members started joining new bands and everything I actually got to talk to one of the guys that was in and around the band all the time and the rumors circling around were totally false. Same thing happened with a band called Alkaline Trio...they went through drummer after drummer and rumors started going around that the main members were drug addicts and all sorts of stuff and then in a bar in chicago I ran into a brother of one of the "drug addicts" (the brother looked like his twin it was weird) and he told me the whole story. Point is that you may love a band and think you know all about them because of what you hear or what you see on their website but there is always truth and usually the fans really don't know the truth.

To add I never liked Alkaline Trio but one of the members was in slapstick and then another band I liked so I heard the rumors. I just don't wnat to come off as an Alkaline TRio fan for anyone that knows who they are :)

I guess we wont know till later down the road...it would suck if they do break up. Alot of girls will freak out lol.

mms://kroq.wmod.llnwd.net/a168/o1/kbaudio/TravisBarker.asf

:(...

They broke up! Rejoice! Rejoice!

Sorry.. I'll go have my own private party

why is this news?
blink 182 has got to be the worst band ever.

i guess they got tired of singing songs about blowjobs, sodomizing grandpa, and god knows what else.

arent they in their 30s?

yea, definetly not music news worth sharing.

And I'm supposed to care why?

Creed - Check
Blink 182 - Check
Now if we can just get Linkin Park to call it a day...

Evil Marge said:
And if they are??? :mad: :lick:

yes. the point i was making was that....these guys have to grow up sooner or later.

jimi_81 said:
yes. the point i was making was that....these guys have to grow up sooner or later.
I've reached 36 and still haven't grew up :lick: :laugh:
If I had to lay a bet then I'd bet a tenner that they never get back together :yowch:

LOL...who cares if they havent grown up. They are enjoying there life and have fun doing it. There music is aimed towards teens like me not older people. They must have grown up some what if they have a family now and that they are taking time off for them (or so they say). Are you gonna tell Weird Al to grow up cause of his songs too?

TittleBitties said:
LOL...who cares if they havent grown up. They are enjoying there life and have fun doing it.
Agrees 100%,we're a short time here :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back