Blaster virus infects severs in Canada

Corvette

Sauske!
The Blaster virus that exploits a RPC flaw in Windows NT based OS's starting with NT 4 has infected the sever at the Windsor, Ontario Seimens Manifold plant in Canada. One worker even reported that it took 45 minutes to login this morning. The Blaster virus has infected severs in Aisa, UK and even the US. Even the sever at the local campus was down because of this. UPDATE: An virus protection update was installed at Seimens so the same workers computer and others were rebooted

Virus Warning Levels:
Symantic: Level 4 Virus
C|Net: 7
ViperSnake broken windows rating for Viruses and Worms: 6 broken pieces of the Windows logo (8 is highest)

UPDATE

The e-mail virus protection has been upped so that every message gets scanned before it even gets on the sever, So it will be about a day before you even recieve a message at Seimens (Also this story should be pinned because this is urgent)

A lot of companies have been hit with this. The company that just laid off their whole IT department in favor of out sourcing (my old job btw) was hit with this big time in Europe and India. Damn pager hasn't stopped for 2 days now

Muahahahahah

Cox Current System Status - California

Some customers may have difficulty connecting to the Internet, Member services, Webspace and E-mail. This is due to a worm propagating throught the Internet and our technicians are working to address the issue.
Some customers may lose connection to the Internet as modems are rebooted to apply a port 135 Fix. Modems are being manually rebooted system by system.

No wonder my connection was crawling this morning...and three hours of no connectivity.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back