Blackle - Google's Energy Saving Counterpart

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
This is pretty cool :)

Apparently it takes more energy for your computer monitor to display a white web page than a black one. So while the modern web standard of white and bright colored backgrounds with dark text is great for readability, it might not be great for the planet.

Heap Media decided to do something about it by creating a custom version of one of the most popular white-backgrounded sites on the web. Blackle is basically Google, but black. It's powered by Google, so you should have pretty much the same user experience when using Blackle as you do with Google. Only darker.

www.blackle.com

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/07/27/blackle-saving-the-world-buy-painting-google-black/

One word sums it up from the madmatt camp: "DUMB".

Last edited:
I like it.

And y'all have to stop being so racist :smoker:

So when is Google going to come out and say that one person idling around Wal-Mart in their Ford Exscursion to find a parking space two feet closer as they are fat, lazy and stupid is wrong?

Oh wait, I just said that.

One word sums it up from the madmatt camp: "DUMB".

Yep I agree, you're Dumb. *runs*

I like it painted black. I also like the Stones. *Waits for odd derogatory joke* :D

I think it's kinda cool actually - at least the color scheme.

Ok, so we search for a term, then we click through to a link on Wikipedia which is *gasp* white... pointless. If you're really that concerned, just invert your screen colours, then it makes everything dark (well, almost everything :p)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back