Black & White on XP

D

Daedalus

I'm having trouble running Black & White on Windows XP. After clicking the shortcut or the 'Play' button on the CD's autorun menu, it runs it's safedisc checks, then arrives back at the windows desktop. I've tried this without/with the patches, and this still happens. It worked fine on 98/ME but with XP it fails to run.

Does anyone have any success running this game on XP? if so, how did you achieve this?

Thankyou in advance

try compability mode, right click on the exe file and choose compability

i have run b&w several times on xp, but i needed to reinstal the game and now i get an error bout runblack.exe

Safedisk!

I had the same problem with Grand Prix 4 and windows XP. Apparently this is a well known problem

Amazingly though after I installed the service Pack 1 for XP the game runs no problem now.

There was a fix somewhere but sorry I cannot remember where I saw this .

Sorry I cannot be of any help but this was my fix, funny as it may sound!

Me again!

I think the patch also was on the Macrovision site come to think of it now.

erm...shouldnt post cracks/serials/warez links here, remove it before a mod sees it.

That isnt a solution to my problem as I shouldnt need to use a crack to get my game running, it is the genuine disc, and should run on XP

Hmm.. that KB link didnt have anything to do with my problem, but thanx anyway..

it's not the video thats causing the crash, as I can run mafia without any problems on XP (also uses Indeo codec for intro video). I'm sure it's a safedisc issue, but the add-on pack 'Creature Isle' works fine, but it's useless until I get myself a creature set up in the original.

Safedisk XP Patch

After searching through my backup disks for some files formyself I came across this file for safedisk which is meant to cure the XP Problem - don't worry it is not dodgy!!!

Please see attachment

I hope this works for you;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back