black screen

kev59

OSNN Senior Addict
I have a compaq c500 when it boots up all you get is a black screen but the arrow from the touch pad can be seen and moved about has any one any ideas

what OS are you using?

have you had any issues prior to the black screen?

I have seen this problem all over the place on all sorts of forums but nobody has seemed to find any one solution to it, not to say that it's the same problem in every case. I can tell you however that I had the same problem on my Dell Inspiron 1520. At first it seemd that it was a random occurance, sometimes the computer would boot up, other times it would get a black screen with just the cursor visible. I searched and could not find a soution that worked for me, eventually I found that the problem while still not happening all the time would only happen if I had a network cable plugged in or a wireless device trying to active connect when booting up the machine. If my machine booted to a blackscreen I could spend all day turning it off an back on with no luck however if I turned off my wireless and unplugged my network and then restarted the computer it always came up in one try.

Don't know if that will help but you can also try searching google for something like "Vista boots to black screen" and you'll see that there are tonnes of issues with this.

James

Yep many things will do that.

I just had a ZE4800 here two weeks ago, removed the memory and reseated it and was told yesterday the system is still doing fine now. so maybe check the memory also.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back