Black screen during boot?

David_L6

OSNN Addict
Here's what happens when computer is turned on:

Intel screen appears for a second or so.

The screen with details about RAID set up (Intel Matrix or whatever - the press Cntrl - I screen! ;) ) for a couple of seconds.

Then a black screen with the letters BA in the lower right hand corner comes up for several seconds. What is this screen? Can I get the computer to skip it?

Then the XP logo screen.

Computer seems to be working OK. I don't understand that black screen though.

I've been fooling with this thing all day! It appears that the black screen has something to do with BIOS....

Maybe a picture will help?

When I first put this computer together a couple of months ago it wasn't getting the black screen and it booted a lot quicker than it does now. The progress bar lights on the XP screen only made one trip across and then the desk top came up. Now they make 6 or 8 trips across.

I've tried un-installing and then re-installing everything. I moved the jumper on the board but all that looks like it does is clear passwords...??? I unplugged the computer and took out the battery for a few minutes.... I've updated the BIOS.... I went back to an older BIOS.... I even reformatted the drives and installed XP Pro - two different times - instead of XP Home (installed home the first time).

The is a picture that I took of my monitor during boot that shows the black screen with the letters BA in the lower right corner that has me baffled.

Attachments

• 100_1088 (2).jpg
    100_1088 (2).jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 474

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back