Black Ice Defender Firewall

D

Dallas

Ok I just bought one so it does the same thing. When I try too play a Game online it does not give me a pop-up window to accept or deny. I just get the Black Screen of Death . ( Computer freezes with blk screen )
I waz wondering . If anyone knew of any solutions .tweaks to always have a window pop-up or always accept.

BTW thx to all u peeps out there .
I have only been here a short while . But I have learned alot from u guys .

TY Dallas :)

I don't know anyone using black ice...they got so much bad press awhile back...failing every third party firewall test...I heard they got better since that, but all too late...most people use free za, free tiny, or norton...also, believe it or not, the internal xp firewall is an excellant choice, and compares with all of these for keeping hackers from getting in your box...the only problem with xp firewall is it doesn't keep programs in your box from getting out..

.anyway...what I'm saying is; I don't know

I prefer Norton Internet Security 2002.

Then again, we've had this convo many times. =)

re

Well ty for ur replies. Guess I should have asked someone before buying ...lol

Don't ask me, I don't believe in firewall's or AV, and especially not Norton, but hey, that's just me, do whatever you want lol:D

I don't hear many people talk about Sygate Personal Firewall. I think it's one of the better Firewalls available. It's better than ZA, less technical than TPF in the sense that with TPF you just need to understand all the communication that's going on. I would definitely recommend Sygate Personal Firewall and yes it is free also!

I use Black Ice, and right now I prefer it to ZA because it doesn't have as many popups and has a simple interface. I just have it running in the background and I get an alert whenever a NEW program attempts to access the internet. As far as the popups are concerned, there is not really a way around it.

You just need to check the "always allow this program" check box and train the program for your needs.

~Dan

I think u need to start the game in a small(not full screen) window so u can see the request for connection to internet from BIce.

I think Black Ice is crap, but it is an irrelevant opinion atm....
anyway, have you tried manually setting permissions for the game you are trying to connect to?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back