Black Hawk Down

GMeagle86

OSNN Addict
For some reason whenever I go to play Black Hawk Down, I will go though the menus and it will load the game, then all of a sudden maybe 5 sec into the game. The video will lock up, I can still hear the audio. I have the ATI Radeon 8500 card. Any ideas? Thanks!

I did try those the other day, and it caused me many problems. I ended up having to do system restore to get my system back to normal. My computer would freeze soon after starting windows. I would click the start menu, and it would freeze as it was trying to make the fade transition. I have never had much success with ATI drivers. Is there another option I could try? I would like to upgrade my drivers, but it causes me so much trouble when I do....

AMD 1.8GHz
1GB of DDR Ram
Sound Blaster Live
ATI 9600 PRO Graphic Card (correction from above)
80GB Hard Drive
Win XP Pro

That system should play the game just fine. I have never had any problems with ATI drivers, and the game has never locked up on me, so Im kinda wondering if you have a problem elsewhere. When was your last reformat?

I had to completly reformat my hard drive about 2 months ago..due to a computer crash while uninstalling a service pack....

This post almost describes my problem exactally...but this person got his computer working by upgrading his bios....
http://www.gameheaven.nl/forum/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=66

My bios is: Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG with the Date as: 09/02/02

I can't seem to find any updates, maybe I am not looking in the right place.

actually, try disabling the vpu recover on the card. that is in the settings page. sometimes you just need to ride out the lockup, i have to do that with my 9200 from time to time. it fixes itself, and just hums along happily ever after.

I will try that. I think I need to install ATI's drivers to get to the setting's page....I currently let windows find the best driver for the card. But like I said earlier, the newest catylist gave me tons of problems. Is there any other driver for the card?

I tried disabling VPU recover on the card. It still locks up my computer. I was finally able to get the new ATI drivers installed, but they arn't 100% stable. Every so often my computer screen will just go black, and my monitor will power down. I then have to restart to get my picture back. It is getting frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back