Bizarre downloading / speed

Dublex

A Knight to Remember
Hello All,

I've just recently got a strange problem in Windows 7, It reports the downloading speed is far lower than it is in reality - so I end up say in firefox with it saying its downloading at 100kbs a sec but it gets half way through the download then completes (and properly as well, as it suddenly shoots up to 100%)

Anyone got any idea what could be causing it? Don't think its the LAN card, as it can copy stuff from my XP box fine. Don't think its the BT router I have as well, as that is reporting 2MBit stream (another issue I think but not one that can be solved here but with BT).

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved. I can only think its something to do with Avira and Win 7, but I doubt its that as I have experimented knocking out the firewall and the problem still remains.

Do you have a DSL connection? It sounds like the problem I get when someone plugs the wrong line into the wrong hole in the line filter.

Does it happen with downloads larger then a FF download? If not my guess is the download is finishing before your "actual" speed can be calculated, as it's all based on averages.

try downloading the same file in ie8 or some other browser if it does it in all of them you have an issue, if its just ff it narrows it down

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back