Bittorrent Problems

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
After about 10min of using bittorent ABC client the new version, it also happened with the Shadow version of bittorent. Anyway my router seems to lose connection. It still says I am connected to the internet even though I can’t open or ping any web pages. I lowered the port ranges down from 6881-6999 to 6881-6884. I also lowered the number of simultaneous connections from 20 to 15. On kazaa I always use 20 simultaneous connections so there shouldn’t be any problem with that part of the configuration.

Is there something wrong with the amount of ports I have opened for it? Does anyone know how many ports kazaa opens maybe ill just try and lower it to that amount?

I know it has something to do with the router, before I started using the router bittorent worked just fine.

hmm.. that is odd. you have the ports you have chosen forwarded to your machine right?

not sure if i do or not which means i probably dont what setting would i look under to do that?

should be under a tab labeled something like "forwarding" or something similiar. you need to put in the port range like 6881-6884 and then choose ip of your machine :)

alright thanks just found it :) just need to find the ip of my machine

edit** nvm i think i found it

Fenris said:
alright thanks just found it :) just need to find the ip of my machine
open command line and do "ipconfig"

Thanks for the help Xie hopefully that will fix the problem :D ill know in 10min :p

Well didn’t work again and I'm sure I’m forwarding the ports checked again. I checked and I’m not using the XP firewall so I’m still not sure what’s going on. I tried all the tips on that page, doesn’t seem to want to work for me.

I got rid of port forwarding since I read you should only forward 10 ports at a time, so I turned on DMZ which should put me outside of the router and allow this computer to get information through the ports needed. It still doesnt work though im getting the same problem as before :(

I’m getting the green light so I know I can access other computers and they can access me.

http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#where

You what I just found out? I run bt for about 4 months now (using Burst!) and I finally found the cause of not being able to connect to most (99%) of the trackers. I forgot to open up the ports on my router! This is what you call D'OH!

themafia_69 said:
btw what opens a bittorrent file?
the bittorent file that you download you open w/ the bittorenet client and it downloads the file in whatever format it says it is ... not a special file type or something.

Glaanieboy said:
http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/#where

You what I just found out? I run bt for about 4 months now (using Burst!) and I finally found the cause of not being able to connect to most (99%) of the trackers. I forgot to open up the ports on my router! This is what you call D'OH!
hehe .. welcome to the working BT world :D

well someone in my class told me i have to download the original bittorent then the ABC version because the ABC version doesnt have all the important files. So i did that just now and am hoping that will fix all my troubles.

edit** well it still doesnt work same problem again.

Use Burst? That is the only version I have used besides the original (command window) bitTorrent version.

While on the subject, the minimum upload speed you can set is 10KB/s, but my maximum upload is 16 KB/s, you can imagine when I have more than 2 downloads open, my upload clogs up. Does anyone know a client which I can use in the same organized way as Burst, where you can set the upload to <10 KB/s?

Glaanieboy said:
Use Burst? That is the only version I have used besides the original (command window) bitTorrent version.

While on the subject, the minimum upload speed you can set is 10KB/s, but my maximum upload is 16 KB/s, you can imagine when I have more than 2 downloads open, my upload clogs up. Does anyone know a client which I can use in the same organized way as Burst, where you can set the upload to <10 KB/s?
*cough*ABC*cough*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back