Bittorrent Problems

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
After about 10min of using bittorent ABC client the new version, it also happened with the Shadow version of bittorent. Anyway my router seems to lose connection. It still says I am connected to the internet even though I can’t open or ping any web pages. I lowered the port ranges down from 6881-6999 to 6881-6884. I also lowered the number of simultaneous connections from 20 to 15. On kazaa I always use 20 simultaneous connections so there shouldn’t be any problem with that part of the configuration.

Is there something wrong with the amount of ports I have opened for it? Does anyone know how many ports kazaa opens maybe ill just try and lower it to that amount?

I know it has something to do with the router, before I started using the router bittorent worked just fine.

Xie

- geek -
hmm.. that is odd. you have the ports you have chosen forwarded to your machine right?

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
not sure if i do or not which means i probably dont what setting would i look under to do that?

Xie

- geek -
should be under a tab labeled something like "forwarding" or something similiar. you need to put in the port range like 6881-6884 and then choose ip of your machine :)

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
alright thanks just found it :) just need to find the ip of my machine

edit** nvm i think i found it

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
Well didn’t work again and I'm sure I’m forwarding the ports checked again. I checked and I’m not using the XP firewall so I’m still not sure what’s going on. I tried all the tips on that page, doesn’t seem to want to work for me.

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
I got rid of port forwarding since I read you should only forward 10 ports at a time, so I turned on DMZ which should put me outside of the router and allow this computer to get information through the ports needed. It still doesnt work though im getting the same problem as before :(

Xie

- geek -
themafia_69 said:
btw what opens a bittorrent file?
the bittorent file that you download you open w/ the bittorenet client and it downloads the file in whatever format it says it is ... not a special file type or something.

Fenris

OSNN Senior Addict
well someone in my class told me i have to download the original bittorent then the ABC version because the ABC version doesnt have all the important files. So i did that just now and am hoping that will fix all my troubles.

edit** well it still doesnt work same problem again.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Use Burst? That is the only version I have used besides the original (command window) bitTorrent version.

While on the subject, the minimum upload speed you can set is 10KB/s, but my maximum upload is 16 KB/s, you can imagine when I have more than 2 downloads open, my upload clogs up. Does anyone know a client which I can use in the same organized way as Burst, where you can set the upload to <10 KB/s?

Xie

- geek -
Glaanieboy said:
Use Burst? That is the only version I have used besides the original (command window) bitTorrent version.

While on the subject, the minimum upload speed you can set is 10KB/s, but my maximum upload is 16 KB/s, you can imagine when I have more than 2 downloads open, my upload clogs up. Does anyone know a client which I can use in the same organized way as Burst, where you can set the upload to <10 KB/s?
*cough*ABC*cough*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kira45