BitMeter 2

ZeroHour

ho3 ho3 ho3
Probably the most useful bandwidth monitor I have found and its free! :D
You can also set ISP daily/monthly download limits and it will alert you when you reach them.

Check it out at:
http://codebox.no-ip.net/controller?page=bitmeter2

NEW VERSION:
3.4.0 [Released 04 Jan 2006]
  • Added Web Interface
  • 'Export to CSV' option added to Statistics Grids
  • Usability changes to 'Check for new version' screen
  • Added alternative icon set
  • Configurable Tray Icon caption
  • Redesigned Colour Selection screen
  • Added 'Hide Readout Area' option
  • Configurable Readout font sizes
  • Made tray icon click behaviour configurable
  • 'Copy Error Details' button now copies all errors, not just the current one
  • Bug fix for 'Float' option
  • Bug fix to validation in Settings screen
[gamertag]alwaysZeroHour[/gamertag]

Last edited:
looks neet...can monitor upload?

I know the government is going to be able to back door firewalls, I would like to monitor outgoing

Yeh you can. Also you can start the "StopWatch" feature and it starts counting it all from then on.
Keeps minimal stats as well.
FREE registration too (not required)

perris said:
looks neet...can monitor upload?

I know the government is going to be able to back door firewalls, I would like to monitor outgoing

You sound like you think they don't already? I would not bet my personal privacy on that assumption. They are already into network viruses installed in printer firmware and printer ID algorithms from a printed page.

I seem to remember reading something on firewalls also a while back. Usually when there is conjecture on something and all discussion ceases it means the 'national security screws" have been clamped down.

well, I think my sandbox would detect a backdoor access...but maybe not

Doesn't exactly work with home networks, does it? Only monitors the one machine it's installed on.

Well it can monitor your lan activity as well as the adsl dial up interface

ZeroHour said:
Well it can monitor your lan activity as well as the adsl dial up interface

adsl dial up interface?
how does it monitor the activities if people use a router to connect to the internet? i can't see anyway of monitoring such activities/bandwidth consumption unless the software is inside the router itself. the only thing that comes closes to it would be to have a dedicated machine that acts as a server to connect all the clients to the internet. :p
alternative to that would be the use of a managed switch.

ming said:
adsl dial up interface?
how does it monitor the activities if people use a router to connect to the internet? i can't see anyway of monitoring such activities/bandwidth consumption unless the software is inside the router itself. the only thing that comes closes to it would be to have a dedicated machine that acts as a server to connect all the clients to the internet. :p
alternative to that would be the use of a managed switch.
Why not just monitor your pc's lan activity?

Thought you boys may like it :D been using it for months now. Was getting the new version and thought I would let the world know ;)

ZeroHour said:
Why not just monitor your pc's lan activity?

Thought you boys may like it :D been using it for months now. Was getting the new version and thought I would let the world know ;)

Difficult to monitor 3-4 separate machines in different locations in the house, especially when I'm unaware of them being used. :)

Very nice, had previously been using NetStatLive from AnalogX (who make some quite nice networking apps, just for reference), will have to give this a go.

Though I'd still prefer something at router level to keep track of all machines. :)

This reminds me of DUMeter.
Yeah the tray icon looks like ZA's.

Re: BitMeter 2 - Detects ISP Deep Packet Inspection?

I notice BitMeter showing a reduction in download speed about once every 8 seconds - Is this an indication of DPI action of my ISP?
Many thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back