Bit Torrent Suggestions

One Armed Bandit

OSNN Junior Addict
Talk about information overload. Can anyone offer a good page on how to get started using Bit Torrent Apllications? How it works? Best download software/clients?

I am looking through the web and there is SO much information on it, it is hard to tell which ones I should use and which ones I should stay away from. I'm not asking for an in-depth explanation here, but just for some nice links that anyone could post and possibly a couple of suggestions on how to get started. Like which in your opinion is the best program to get started with and the best database of available downloads.

Thanks!

i use ABC program its kinda cool.. sourceforge has link for it just do like abc bittorrent or something like that

Azureus is the best client to use ...

There's no such thing as a best client, it's simply a preference.

If you're going to recommend a client the please provide a link to it. :)

For some good info about how Bittorrent and its variants work, try this site.

I like the ABC client cause it has pretty colors. You can get it here.

No such thing as a best client, but some clients are better than others. The original BT client is not very configurable, and most often, it drowns out your upload speed because you have no way in controlling it. If you want the original BT client interface with a little more control ... I'd go with the experimental client at http://ei.kefro.st/projects/btclient/. Another client I have used in the past is PTC at http://www.cosil.com/ptc/. Unless it has improved since I used it, I would not recommend it. It takes up a lot of resources and isn't very polished. I use ABC right now, and I have been very happy with it, especially the web control.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back