I'm using the Bit Torrent++ program to download CS 1.6
but when I went to turn my computer on this morning,
the download is stuck on pause.
It hashes the file and then goes straight to pause mode and you
can't press resume!!!
Has anybody else had this problem??
And yes I have tried re-installing Bit Torrent++

If it stopped it means that there are no seeders,
which basically means that nobody downloading the file has any more of it than you do.

Torrent is a p2p and it works by connecting to about 20 + ppl
and downloading bits of each person ,and if they leave b4 somebody gets the complete file then unless somebody joins with more in percentage of the file then you are not going to get it all.
The way to get it started again is by visiting the download link again and it will check original file anf resume only if some1 has it all or more than you do.

regards.....cupid

Bittorrent sux - I used for a week and it was so damn slow and so much of a peace of garbage that I dumped it ... I would be fine for a minute then would just stop .. it would say there are about 50 seeders one second then 0 the next .. It is crap nothing but crap ..

Originally posted by lechtard
Bittorrent sux - I used for a week and it was so damn slow and so much of a peace of garbage that I dumped it ... I would be fine for a minute then would just stop .. it would say there are about 50 seeders one second then 0 the next .. It is crap nothing but crap ..

That's just one opinion. :rolleyes:

I've used BT on several occasions with the "burst!" client, and it definitely has to be the fastest P2P network I have come across, if used properly. Not to mention it's one of the only networks that doesn't abound in fake files and viruses.
Did you try opening ports 6881 to 6999 on your router/firewall as instructed? That makes quite a difference to the number of peers you can connect to, thereby increasing your download speeds significantly.

Originally posted by Cupid_Stunt
If it stopped it means that there are no seeders,
which basically means that nobody downloading the file has any more of it than you do.

Torrent is a p2p and it works by connecting to about 20 + ppl
and downloading bits of each person ,and if they leave b4 somebody gets the complete file then unless somebody joins with more in percentage of the file then you are not going to get it all.

You're describing Kazaa. Bittorrent is different.

Bittorrent takes many pieces of the file from the front, back, middle--basically anywhere in the file--for distribution. That ensures that there are many copies of several different sections distributed among the downloaders.

Good BT Faq Here

I'm having a tough time with bit torrent

it got up to about 16k for about a half hour, but mostly, I get 2 to 3 k

mind you, this is the first peer to peer thingy I've ever tried...not happy...huge file too

should be done sometime manana

enyo, I tried what you told me, but no bots have it when I can look

thanx 4 trying though

got any nekid panda excersizes 4 me 2 l00k at whilest i w8?

All P2P services no matter how revolutionary they might claim to be ... are all basically the same thing. If people don't have the parts that you need, you'll never finish. Hundreds of people might be stuck at 80% waiting for the seeder to go back online. But once that certain file is relatively spread ... it'd be easy for you to get it. I sort of think as BT as the less efficient version of ed2k.

Originally posted by NetRyder
That's just one opinion. :rolleyes:

I've used BT on several occasions with the "burst!" client, and it definitely has to be the fastest P2P network I have come across, if used properly. Not to mention it's one of the only networks that doesn't abound in fake files and viruses.
Did you try opening ports 6881 to 6999 on your router/firewall as instructed? That makes quite a difference to the number of peers you can connect to, thereby increasing your download speeds significantly.
O.k .. The Prog I got did'nt have instructions - I'll try it again ...

I always find with BT the first 5% or so is pretty slow, then after that it picks up, I usually d/l at between 40 - 60kb/s and upload around 20 - 30kb/s. It seems the more you upload the faster you can d/l - depending on connection of course.

Gus K, thanks for the link to Shadows client. Really really nice BT program :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back