Bit of Code needed.

L

Lee

I need a bit of code (as my web server don't provide stats) that will sit in my upper directory and will write to a .txt I have in that directory , hits, browsers used, how long they're there for etc...

Also some script to block certain i.s.p's and areas of the World, like asia, africa and the middle east.

Thanks in advance

a bit of code :eek: Anyway, what language do you want? Do you want PHP, ASP, CGI? And the part of where you talk about blocking areas of the world is virtually impossible, you can't just block out a continent, not even a country. Unless that country only has one ISP, then you can block that ISP. And even if you can block ISP's, it isn't a 100% protection. If someone really wants, they can visit you site by spoofing their IP or by using a service like Anonymizer.com.

html firstly.

I did read that you can block certain areas of the world, like msn block us users from United Kingdom using chat rooms on msn.

Just a question, why would you want to block countries?

o_87 said:
Just a question, why would you want to block countries?

The information is irrelevant for ne1 else that isn't in the United Kingdom.

you still dont really need to block other countries, you can also get brits or people with british friends visiting from other countries

btw the only way I know of blocking IP ranges, is either through a firewall or maybe the .htaccess file

regarding the script, I would probably recommend PHP, you can fairly easily record the browsers and the IP address, but if you want to record the length of time that they are there for you will probably need to use something like sessions.

What OS does your server use, with *nix could you not just stick something like awstats on there? as far as I know its a perl thinger, but I havent ever tried to install it before so I dont know if you need to have root access.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back