Bit of Code needed.

L

Lee

I need a bit of code (as my web server don't provide stats) that will sit in my upper directory and will write to a .txt I have in that directory , hits, browsers used, how long they're there for etc...

Also some script to block certain i.s.p's and areas of the World, like asia, africa and the middle east.

Thanks in advance

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
a bit of code :eek: Anyway, what language do you want? Do you want PHP, ASP, CGI? And the part of where you talk about blocking areas of the world is virtually impossible, you can't just block out a continent, not even a country. Unless that country only has one ISP, then you can block that ISP. And even if you can block ISP's, it isn't a 100% protection. If someone really wants, they can visit you site by spoofing their IP or by using a service like Anonymizer.com.

L

Lee

html firstly.

I did read that you can block certain areas of the world, like msn block us users from United Kingdom using chat rooms on msn.

Grandmaster

Electronica Addict
Political Access
Just a question, why would you want to block countries?

L

Lee

o_87 said:
Just a question, why would you want to block countries?

The information is irrelevant for ne1 else that isn't in the United Kingdom.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
you still dont really need to block other countries, you can also get brits or people with british friends visiting from other countries

btw the only way I know of blocking IP ranges, is either through a firewall or maybe the .htaccess file

regarding the script, I would probably recommend PHP, you can fairly easily record the browsers and the IP address, but if you want to record the length of time that they are there for you will probably need to use something like sessions.

What OS does your server use, with *nix could you not just stick something like awstats on there? as far as I know its a perl thinger, but I havent ever tried to install it before so I dont know if you need to have root access.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmilyFox