Bioshock

Caserno

OSNN Junior Addict
Has anybody played this game yet on Vista, I think it looks quite stunning, but its a little stuttery at times, has anyone played it on DX9 does it look as good or have the stuttering problems, the Nvidia drivers seem to be coming up to scratch finally. :)

I've played it on both Vista and XP. It runs smooth for me on either side. I did not really see a major difference between DX9 and DX10, of course, that could be becasue I was paying attention to playing the game. Either way it looked great!

One machine in my house has Vista and I've played on both. Surprisingly, the Vista machine has a 7800GT 256MB and it doesn't run too bad. My 8800GTS 640 on the XP machine obviously gets better framerates, though.

Running it on Vista right now at 1680x1050 all maxed (no AA) and it runs very well.

Maybe I should down my settings a little, I thought a Quad Core and Dual 8800 Ultra's would do the trick, maybe not :)

Maybe I should down my settings a little, I thought a Quad Core and Dual 8800 Ultra's would do the trick, maybe not :)

Running with that system, there must be something going wrong somewhere if you have to turn down the detail setting to play in Vista without framerate stuttering. Vista does, however, have some audio stuttering issues. It's all over the Bioshock forums, too.

Last edited:
Running a single 8800GTX, I haven't had any stutters, with video or sound. I have all settings maxxed, including AA, running @1680x1050.

Do you have all the visual effects on like realtime reflections etc, I figure that would give the cards some troubles, 16x AA may be a little excessive, I could make do with 8x I think

Just hit him repeatedly with the wrench, dont waste your health or ammo, just die and then respawn, theres no penalty for dieing so it takes a little while but you'll get there in the end

Armor piercing bullets take him out fairly quick without you dieing.

Caserno: I double checked I have evrything activated. Still no stutters, neither in XP or Vista.

Oh, I forgot to post, I turned off the realtime lighting thing and now its running pretty smooth

well it runs pretty smooth on XP with my HD2900 XT. I'm still trying to go through the game though.

Yeah Im going at a pretty slow pace, I have only just got the camera, I won't talk about it cos of spoilers ;)

Yeah Im going at a pretty slow pace, I have only just got the camera, I won't talk about it cos of spoilers ;)

Awe! Now I know theres a camera I'm not playing!! :suprised:

I joke, I kicked the bottom out of this on the 360 on release day! (I confess, I queued outside blockbuster to get a copy lol :rolleyes:)

I need to play this game more. I'm pretty far in but marriage and garbage job sure do take up a lot of time ;)

I need to play this game more. I'm pretty far in but marriage and garbage job sure do take up a lot of time ;)

Tell me about it.. I'm getting married on the 1st December this year and to be honest, I'm reconsidering due to loss of gaming time! :lick: lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back