BIOS Update?

L

LilBlueDawg

can anyone tell me if there is a BIOS update for my system? i can't seem to find anything on Compaq's website...

BIOS:

Brand - Compaq
Version - 686Y2 v2.06
Date - 12/03/01

any help is appreciated...

We would need some more information in order to help you. Try the app Hipster posted, and then post the details here so we can have a look.

what model of compaq? If you go to HP.com and click on drivers, then enter what model of computer you have it will give you all the updated drivers and bios versions available. (there is a spot for either hp or compaq)

ok this is wut came up from hipster's program...

BIOS ID: unknown
BIOS Date: 12/03/01
BIOS Signon: unknown
BIOS Type: COMPAQ BASIC
Super I/O: Unknown
Chipset: Intel 1A30 rev 4
OEM Signon: (blank)

See how you go looking at the links that have been posted. :) Take that info with you.

Make sure it is the right one. Don' think. :eek: Double check before using it.

thanks for the concern hipster, im sure it's right, i got this thing from the compaq website called CPQFlash, it updates the BIOS from with in windows. im runnin version 3.04 (before it was 2.06) of my BIOS nicely now. i can now support up to 3GB of RAM lol! i also got a buncha other updates from the compaq site as well (modem, sound, color...)

thanks again guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back