BIOS update for ASUS

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Ok, I have a board here that I just built a new (old) machine with. It came out of an old HP.

Here's specs:
Asustek CUV-NT rev 1.04
Nothrbridge: Via VT82C694X
Southbridge: Via VT82C596B

It's a socket 370 board with a PIII 933

Any idea if i can get a bios update for it, or one for another board may work?

HP site is useless for that kinda stuff.

yeah, gonzo, tried those. No good. Hoping maybe someone has some insider knowledge, like maybe this board is sold as something else under the ASUS label.

I did a search. The CUV-NT can still be bought. ASUS servers are a mess right now. I did get through to this page but they don't show the CUV-NT as one of their boards. It must be a faked up number for HP.

Sooo...

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download2.aspx?item=CUV&type=like&file_type=BIOS

You need to go through the different cards on this link I dropped and see which has the same hardware (northbridge, southbridge, lan, usb chips etc.) as yours. Thsi will take some time. You could also try running sandra on the baord and see what info (like real MB name) is hidden in the bios.

At least the via drivers are easy. :)

Update: You probably have the latest. Those Bios are all 2-4 years old.

Yeah, this bios is pegasus version 2.02 from 2001. And the via drivers aren't that easy, I have yet to be able to successfully update the 4in1's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back