BIOS update for ASUS

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Ok, I have a board here that I just built a new (old) machine with. It came out of an old HP.

Here's specs:
Asustek CUV-NT rev 1.04
Nothrbridge: Via VT82C694X
Southbridge: Via VT82C596B

It's a socket 370 board with a PIII 933

Any idea if i can get a bios update for it, or one for another board may work?

HP site is useless for that kinda stuff.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
yeah, gonzo, tried those. No good. Hoping maybe someone has some insider knowledge, like maybe this board is sold as something else under the ASUS label.

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
I did a search. The CUV-NT can still be bought. ASUS servers are a mess right now. I did get through to this page but they don't show the CUV-NT as one of their boards. It must be a faked up number for HP.

Sooo...

http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/download2.aspx?item=CUV&type=like&file_type=BIOS

You need to go through the different cards on this link I dropped and see which has the same hardware (northbridge, southbridge, lan, usb chips etc.) as yours. Thsi will take some time. You could also try running sandra on the baord and see what info (like real MB name) is hidden in the bios.

At least the via drivers are easy. :)

Update: You probably have the latest. Those Bios are all 2-4 years old.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Yeah, this bios is pegasus version 2.02 from 2001. And the via drivers aren't that easy, I have yet to be able to successfully update the 4in1's.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut