Bios Restart Problem!

K

Kramer2K

Ok, so here's the deal. Whenever I restart my computer, the bios will load and do the memory check, but it then freezes and for about 30 seconds afterwhich is says that it can't detect any disks on my secondary IDE channel (I have a DVD-master and CD-RW-slave). Windows will then start up fine w/o any problems identifying the drives.

The crazy thing about this is that the bios does not have any trouble finding the drives if the computer is shut down and then I manually turn in on.

It just recently started doing this, and I have no idea why! I tried to update the bios, but that didn't do a thing. Any help would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..
K

Maybe check you boot order & turn off those not wanted, maybe turn off all. You can always turn it back on when needed.

No, it has nothing to do w/ the boot order....I've tried disabling the ability to boot from both the floppy drive and the optical drives w/ no change...

K

check the jumpers on the back of all drivers, making sure that the first is "master" and second is "slave".

my own system at home, i have a 40gb seagate barracuda IV as primary master, a 16x pioneer DVD as secondary master and my 52x LG cdrw as secondary slave.

works fine :)

also, try setting the devices in the BIOS as user-settings rather than letting the BIOS auto-detect.

The jumpers are set the right way, so that's not the problem. And as for the user-settings instead of auto-detect...My bios only has Auto or Off...no user-defined...so that sucks...

K

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back