bios order

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
i've been trying to change my boot order in order to have cd the first boot ,i've been the bios but i can't figure out how to change the order
can you please help?

I had a read of your manual for the board.

First you need to get into your bios by pressing F2 after the memory test begins and before the operating sysytem kicks in.

Then move across to the boot menu using the LEFT or the RIGHT arrow keys.

Then using the UP or DOWN arrow keys choose Boot Device Priorty.

Then again using the arrow keys you should be able to alter the boot order, press enter to select the selection of the intended boot device...then when you have altered what you want move left onto exit...again using the arrow keys and choose Exit.

When asked to save changes select yes and then Enter.

The .pdf Bios manual for your motherboard can be downloaded from HERE if you need to read a little more...

P.s.

You will need to right click from whatever country you want the file and choose save target as....its just easier.

Well, not every BIOS looks the same. First thing you need to do is understand what keys are used in the BIOS. I know when I view the options for boot order, I have to use the Page Up/Page Down keys.
There are usually several screens, so changing the boot order might require you to be on a screen other than the one that initially loads.
When you find the place to change the boot order, it might look like this: A, C, CDROM. You need to scroll through the different options until you get something like this: CDROM, C, A. Otherwise, your BIOS might give you options for first, second, and third boot device. That should be self explanatory.
After you've made your changes, be sure to choose the option to exit and save. If you exit without saving, then your changes won't matter.
I hope that helps and that you are able to get it working. :)

Originally posted by muzikool
Well, not every BIOS looks the same. First thing you need to do is understand what keys are used in the BIOS. I know when I view the options for boot order, I have to use the Page Up/Page Down keys.
There are usually several screens, so changing the boot order might require you to be on a screen other than the one that initially loads.
When you find the place to change the boot order, it might look like this: A, C, CDROM. You need to scroll through the different options until you get something like this: CDROM, C, A. Otherwise, your BIOS might give you options for first, second, and third boot device. That should be self explanatory.
After you've made your changes, be sure to choose the option to exit and save. If you exit without saving, then your changes won't matter.
I hope that helps and that you are able to get it working. :)

Yes the way you describe is how my Award bios is set out...but i hope mine is correct as i did read his motherboard manual (Bios part anyway) and found that it differs from mine....so i took excerpts from it to compile my post.

Originally posted by BonyTony
Yes the way you describe is how my Award bios is set out...but i hope mine is correct as i did read his motherboard manual (Bios part anyway) and found that it differs from mine....so i took excerpts from it to compile my post.

I'm sure yours is good since you read from the manual. I wouldn't have even posted after reading yours, but we were posting at the same time. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back