Bios Not Reporting Heat Correctly

Wrathchild

OSNN Senior Addict
I just bought a Soyo-P4S-645DX DRAGON Ultra Motherboard, a P4 2.26 processor and 512 Megs of PC2700 DDR RAM. The motherboard came with a motherboard monitor software application which is supposed to tell me my CPU and Case temperature. The problem is, it never changes. It remains at a constant 45 Degrees CPU and 37 degrees (celcius) case temperature. What's up with that? Is that really the temperature? I played UT for 3 hours and when I came back from the game, the temperatures hadn't changed. THe temperature being reported by the Bios is the same it never fluctuates. I even opened up my case and pointed a large floor fan at it. THe case temperature still stayed at 37 degrees. Anyone know how I can get the motherboard to report the temperatures correctly?

-W

Sounds a bit sus..... :confused:

Can you actually spot the thermo couples ont eh mobo? Basically they output a voltage depending ont eh temperature they are at... All the bios does is measure this voltage....

If they have left them off to cut costs then that may be a result... The one for the CPU temp is easiest to spot.. Take the CPU out there should be a blue bead under the processor solder to the mothorboard....

Failign that I would say it is most probably a bios bug.. Check for an updated bios!

I thought P4s had an internal diode for reading temps....wouldn't that be the correct temp? And 45 really doesn't sound all that bad for a P4, but if it stays the same, you may have a problem w/ the BIOS...

eeerr... p4.. yes it does! DOH!

My mistake! But the mobo should have a thermister for the case temp.. I guess...

Oh well... Thinking about it it's most likely a bios issue!

No new bios

The Motherboard is too new for there to be an "updated" bios. I checked SOYO's website and all I could find were driver updates. No bios updates.

grrrr

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back