BIOS Flashing...

T

TrIpWiRe31337

Hey everyone, I have a bit of a request for you all. I need to Flash my Iwill KK266PLUS MOBO and my Inno3d Geforce 2 mx400 video card. I have the rom for the MOBO, and need to fine on for the Vid Card. If anyone has it I would greatly appreciate a link of some sort. Also, I am not very experienced in flashing roms, is there a place where I can find a tutorial of some sort? Thank you all very much!

there is NO reason to be flashing a video card bios....what are you looking to accomplish from flashing it? www.voodoofiles.com has the rom flashing tools for the cards and you might be able to go from there to find roms...but i HIGHLY advise against it.

shut down troubles...

Well, the decision to flash my video came from me hearing that an old bios can cause the computer to not shutdown. Which my computer just started doing about a month ago. When I first built the system, I put in an old Voodoo3, and it had the same trouble as it is doing now. But, once I replaced it with this video card, the problem went away, only to return in half a year's time.

I have a Voodoo 3 2000 and a GeForce 2 MX 400 card in my current XP Pro system. My computer will shutdown fine. I have never had a problem.

I would not touch the video card bios. Updating your MOBO bios to a more current version will probably fix your shutdown problem. Old MOBOs prior to 2000 can have shutdown problems with XP. My old Pentium 3 system had trouble with these video cards. When I flashed its bios to a newer version, everthing worked just "spiffy."

However, I would not flash my bios just for that purpose. Make sure you follow the procedures carefully. See if there are any other major benefits for updating the bios.

Read the official manual for your MOBO and see what they recommend. Almost all MOBO manufacturers have a detailed description of all the switches ( /cc /cd /cp etc...) that you should use. And always check and double check what you have typed before you hit enter. This is like ripping the soul from your computer and replacing it.

Its extremely easy - you just need to flash with extreme precision. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back