• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

bios access prevented

A

alloy25

I cant get access to my bois ( Delete @ Start doesnt work) to change some settings.......How do i get into a pre-made comp's bios to change settings????

Have tried the f12 key & f12+crl keys and many more combos....none work....it just throws me into start up......PLZ HELP!!!!

computer's specs:

Acer Aspire 6392R.
600mhz Intel Celeron processor
256 SD Ram
:( :huh:

Lighter

. . . . . . . . .
You should be prompted with the command key needed to enter the bios, but try F2.

If you have one of those annoying ACER splash screens on boot-up, hit esc to reveal the boot process.

jkipk

OSNN Addict
Quick and dirty method: remove 1 stick of memory (if you have more than 1). Bios should detect change and ask if you want to run setup. It's worked for me in the past.

kip

A

alloy25

You should be prompted with the command key needed to enter the bios, but try F2.

If you have one of those annoying ACER splash screens on boot-up, hit esc to reveal the boot process.

Have tried all of the above but it all failed......more sugestions......

Quick and dirty method: remove 1 stick of memory (if you have more than 1). Bios should detect change and ask if you want to run setup. It's worked for me in the past.

kip

i installed a new stick of 256mb sdram and it didnt work either??????? has any one got some more suggestions or do i give up and not worry about the bios???????:(

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
I am trying to remember what it was I think it was

ctrl+alt+shift

or

ctrl+alt+esc at bootup

one of these was the way to get my acer aspire ( 4 years ago)

to go to bios ...... try one of those

are you using a wireless keyboard? I know people that can't access thier BIOS using a wireless keyboard. If not try just hitting every button until it works. Thats usually how i do it if i can't figure out how to get in, eventually I'll get the right button.

A

alloy25

re:kermit

Iwill try ctrl+del+esc....the other combo doesn't work......cheers

re:yharn
are you using a wireless keyboard? I know people that can't access thier BIOS using a wireless keyboard. If not try just hitting every button until it works. Thats usually how i do it if i can't figure out how to get in, eventually I'll get the right button.

this method sounds a bit scary...wat happens if i press and delete the rong thing???????scary:eek:

A

alloy25

Yes I do have a usb hub keyboard but I got into bios after Kermit made the suggestion of using ctrl+alt+esc.....

thank you to everyone that posted a reply and tried to help.......special thanks to Kermit for ur success...:D :) :happy: :cool: ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies