Bin files on PCs?

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Is it possible to extract or use Bin files on a pc? is this a mac format? What exactly are Bin files? Images? a compression format?

any info would be appreciated.

hmm yeah i found that oddly enough renaming the extension to .iso seems to work....

If you created a .cue you could burn it readily with a program such as Fireburner or Nero.

Run it through Daemon Tools or something similar like CloneCD's Virtual CloneDrive or the one built into Alcohol 120%.

a Bin file is an image file - It's is native to the PC, it is mostly used for games and other format that have mutitracks, otherwards: if the cd has audio files as well as program files, an iso image can only see one track.

In most cases you need a cue file to use it - but you will find at times you have to edit the cue file, which can be a pain in the ass .. but in any case to extract you could use win iso - just open and to burn it you can use a couple of diff progs, my personal favorite is alcohol ..

Its like this a .BIN file is an "image" or for the less informed among us a "Copy" of a CD (this can be any type of CD).

The .BIN file is usually accompanied by a .CUE file (which almost always has the same name of the .BIN file except it has the .CUE extension) and this format of backing up a CD can be created and burned using CDRWIN, which i find to be one of the easiest and most accesible programs for burning CDs, and i believe is the very program which "created" the extension. The CUE file is usually very small and contains information about the CD that the burning program can use to better reproduce the original.

You can add to and/or extract from BIN and even ISO (a similar format) files using WINISO , which will allow you to manipulate the images a bit like a Zip file so that you can add or remove files before you burn.

There you have it - i have used these programs for AGES and have had no problems with any of then and they are very easy to use.

Happy burning.

It's similar to an ISO file.

Sometimes, .bin files are used for flash utilities.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back