bill gates not richest man?

Wish bill would give me some of his billions, I will be a charity, he can donate about 10 million to me.

dreamliner77 said:
Come January, we will have that redneck, cowboy F*** out of the white house and then things will start to get better.

Let's hope so.
grin.gif

Not that Kerry's going to be any better. Bush did a pretty good job considering everything he went through, ranging from 9/11 to Clinton's leftover policies.

Kerry sucks...i wanted dean...but still want bush. Bush is havin a hard time with 9/11...the war...and all that i bet u couldnt do as good of job as him. The economy isnt his fault its us americans!

hehehe, i'ma bout 1 hour from canada-us border, i'ma gonna go down their once one of our dollars would feed an american redneck family for a week :p

Mainframeguy said:
not so sure about that - a lot of what he did will have cut him tax breaks remember! Plus you gotta look at these things (IMHO) on a percentage basis - and I am pretty confident that even I, percentage-wise, give more to charities and good causes than Mr Gates, hence I have some respect for him, but he is sure as heck no hero to me. I think he just got a little lucky with the DOS thing and then managed to form a couple of good business relationships to pull things around from WIN 3.1 - rest is kinda history.

Plus another thing is that the IKEA dude's a lot older and there's enormous dispute as to how you work out what he is worth and whether he really is. Let's face it if it came down to cash Bill would probably still be able to come up with the bigger wad :p
Sorry, but bill gates does not donate billions to charity in order to get back a few million in taxes...and to be honest I think his donations make a hell of a lot more of a difference than anything any one of us could donate regardless of percentage...

leedogg said:
Sorry, but bill gates does not donate billions to charity in order to get back a few million in taxes...and to be honest I think his donations make a hell of a lot more of a difference than anything any one of us could donate regardless of percentage...

Not only does Bill Gates donate billions to charity, he's also being sued all the time... I also heard the government limited what he can do to get all his money, like buying the competition.

E1V3N said:
Not only does Bill Gates donate billions to charity, he's also being sued all the time... I also heard the government limited what he can do to get all his money, like buying the competition.

He gets sued personally for his company's business practices?
blink.gif

Completely agree with NetRyder. Gates gets a lot more crap than credit. Does he even get tax breaks for donations outside the US? Even if he got a tax break for every penny he donated ... the impact those donations to the needy is far more significant than any tax break.

he should use the money to help get some of the states out of debt...like michigan cough cough

dreamliner77 said:
Come January, we will have that redneck, cowboy F*** out of the white house and then things will start to get better. Don't blame me or the majority of americans, we didn't vote for him. Thanks Florida....

I resent that, I didnt vote for him :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back