Big Problem With Counter-Strike PLZ hElp!!

S

-=SNK=-Vegitto

I Play Counter-Strike and my connection is very fast...very very fast...i download at 800k alway or 1mb/sec !!!But when i play counter-strike i got a &*@#&*(@ ping like 150,200,400 Its suck....im very pist off because i love play this game..but now no one want me because im a ****ty lagger....!!!!Plz Resolve My problem....!!!

PS: Dont Buy Videotron lol!!!

Thx alot guys

Originally posted by -=SNK=-Vegitto
I Play Counter-Strike and my connection is very fast...very very fast...i download at 800k alway or 1mb/sec !!!But when i play counter-strike i got a &*@#&*(@ ping like 150,200,400 Its suck....im very pist off because i love play this game..but now no one want me because im a ****ty lagger....!!!!Plz Resolve My problem....!!!

PS: Dont Buy Videotron lol!!!

Thx alot guys

post your system stats...

also do not have ANY background apps running when you play so that you don't get lag spikes or packet loss when you play..

also select only servers that are close to you before you play... your ping is lower than...

Originally posted by Octopus
turn off your firewall ,too.

I play with a firewall... that has nothing to do with it

forwarding ports on the firewall is far better than disabling your firewall...

I Got a p3 500 mhz

Voodoo 5500 64 mb

396 mbram !!!

I dont understand...and when i test my connection on the net..is very faster...very very!!!I dotn have firewall and i juste slect the server from quebec canada...and i live at quebec...!!!

ps: your pic is very nice sazar

turn off any p2p programs....or turn off sharing

uploads kill whatever fast connection u got

whats ur rate set at in counterstrike?

set it to somethin like 9999..well thats what mines set at

try to stick with servers that located close to you......my latency goes to crap when tryin to play on any european server(woops didnt read sazars advice)

Even if you have a fast connection, it's not going to help much if the server your playing on is on the other side of the world.

Be sure to set your filter to block out all high ping games.

I get 40 to 60 ping on my Cable connection.

I had that exact same problem and here's what the problem was. I had somehow switched the zoom on my monitor (the controllers on the monitor itself) to be too large, and was getting 56kish pings with it. So I changed it something like 10% so that there was just a little black line around the edges of the screen. voila, 30 ping again.:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back